Tuesday, October 26, 2010

11 weeks, 1 day

Only one week left in the dreaded 1st trimester, and I am counting the minutes!  Although I think I am doing pretty well all things considered, it will be nice to regain some of my lost energy, and most of all to be able to quit taking my trusty Unisom every night at bedtime.  Its been a God-send in alleviating my nausea, however waking up in a fog every morning is less than ideal. 

At 11 weeks and 1 day, Number Two has officially graduated from the embryo stage and has achieved "fetus" status!  We're so proud - he/she is already such a high achiever, don't you think?  I am already finding the need for maternity clothes.  Its not that baby is taking up much space, its more extreme bloat which is always delightful and attractive.  Nevertheless, most of my pants can no longer be buttoned, and even the temporary measures are no longer serving their purpose like they were just a couple of weeks ago.  The good news in all this is at least I have yet to gain any significant weight.  Keeping on track to only gaining the recommended 25-35 pounds - not so much the 47 I gained with Emma!

Tomorrow my principal will be breaking my big news to the staff.  I am suprisingly nervous as I'm still feeling a bit like an outsider at my new school, and having so much attention directed toward me makes me break out in a light cold sweat. A lot of people at work have started guessing already that I've got a baby on the way anyhow.  One of my students even asked me point-blank if I am pregnant.  You should have seen me dance around THAT question in front of my class!  So its time to come clean.  I wanted to wait until the "safe" 12 week mark, but we're close enough I suppose!

0 comments:

Post a Comment