Tuesday, March 8, 2011

30 weeks

Wow.  I am really doing quite a miserable job at keeping this blog up to date.  My apologies to the mighty few who check in with it periodically.  As this pregnancy progresses into the home stretch, my desire is to have it well documented to one day share with this baby boy who's about to enter our lives.  Therefore my new, fairly realistic goal is to begin updating once a week.  So here goes nothing!

Yesterday marked Little Guy's and my 30 week milestone together on this journey.  Officially a couple of weeks into my 3rd trimester, I find my energy supply is definitely beginning to slow down.  It is interesting doing this for the second time and noting the things that are the same and those that are different than my pregnancy with Emma.  For one thing, I had far more "morning" sickness troubles this time than with Emma.  During the second trimester with Em, I experienced a nearly full bounce-back to my pre-pregnancy energy levels.  Not so much with Little Guy.  That honeymoon trimester energy surge never really arrived with the same "oomph" this time around, although kicking the around the clock nausea was a much welcomed event.  I suspect the ongoing tiredness has a lot to do with having my first baby, now at a rambunctious age 3, to keep up with.  No rest for the weary with Emma in the house!

Now at week 30, I'm having a few of the same 'ol symptoms as before, but they are more mild thus far.  At this point with Emma I had a full-blown case of carpal tunnel syndrom, and already the makings of outrageous swelling of ALL extremities.  And while there is a faint tingling in my finger tips each morning and some puffed up feet and ankles in the evenings, it is nothing, NOTHING like it was at 30 weeks with Emma.  So I'm rolling with the punches for now.  10 weeks from my due date, yet only 7 weeks from the point at which Emma was born (37 weeks to the day), the time frame feels manageable.  Now ask me to repeat that 4-5 weeks from now and you may get a whole different response!  ha!

This week Kurt and I are busily selling off some of the furniture that has occupied the room that will in a very short time belong to a new member of the family.  Once all furniture is cleared out, the carpet will be cleaned and fresh paint will be applied where needed.  Fortunately the room is already the same pale aqua-blue I would choose to paint it for Little Guy if I were picking out paint colors today, so touch-ups to the walls and a fresh coat on the baseboards are all that will be needed for the most part.  After that we'll bring in Little Guy's crib, dresser, and glider rocking chair for those late night meals he'll need.  Extra shelving in the closet will be installed, diapers organized, and little outfits featuring dinosaurs and fire trucks will be washed and hung or folded, all ready for his arrival.

Some days I feel overwhelmed at all there is to do, and others, like tonight, I just have faith it will all get done one step at a time.  Just trying to keep that sense of balance between what must get done, and what would be nice to have done upon his arrival.  One thing is for sure, I can't wait to meet him.... in no less than 7-10 weeks of course!

0 comments:

Post a Comment